Candy Cane Ideas
Each year there are lots of extra candy canes floating around the house. Use them up with these creative ideas.
- Use candy canes as stirring sticks for hot beverages.
- Add crushed candy canes to vanilla frosting and make cookie sandwiches with purchased cookies or graham crackers.
- Add crushed candy canes to Rice Krispy treats.
- Melt some purchased white almond bark and add crushed candy cane pieces. Pour onto waxed paper and chill for instant Candy Cane Bark.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top of iced cupakes or on top of ice cream sundaes.
- Layer ice cream and hot fudge sauce with crushed candy canes and top with whipped cream for a peppermint twist treat.
- Dip the candy canes in chocolate coating, following the directions at Coated Candy Canes
- Save the candy canes and use them for decorations next year, like a Candy Cane Planter.
- Then grab a candy cane to enjoy, and check out the Christmas Myths and Legends at About.com's Urban Legends site, including origins of candy canes!