Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 pounds
- 1 lb. large cracked green olives, drained
- 1 lb. Kalamata olives, drained
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 large cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 Tbsp. whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp. hot pepper flakes
- extra virgin olive oil
- wine vinegar
Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 2 days before serving. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Turn the container over several times to make sure the olives are coated with the marinade. These olives will keep for several weeks if refrigerated. Bottle them in pretty glass bottles, cover with the olive oil/herb mixture, seal tightly, and refrigerate.