This fabulous pesto torte appetizer can be made without the sun-dried tomatoes. The combination of cream cheese and pesto is mouth-watering. Believe it or not, I reduced the amount of butter used in the original recipe!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 10 to 12
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup, or 1-1/2 sticks butter, softened (do NOT use margarine)
- 1 small jar oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 10 oz. container refrigerated pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (3 oz.) jar pine nuts, toasted
In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until well blended. Mix pesto and Parmesan cheese in small bowl. Line two 8 oz. custard cups with plastic wrap. Divide cream cheese mixture into four parts. Spoon 1/4 of cream cheese mixture into each custard cup. Sprinkle each with 1/4 of the tomatoes. Spread 1/4 of the pesto mixture over tomatoes. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the pine nuts. Repeat layers until all the mixtures are used.
Fold plastic wrap over each torte, sealing well. Chill overnight until firm. Unmold, remove plastic wrap, and sprinkle with more pine nuts, if desired. Serve with crusty French bread slices or sturdy crackers.