Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cups crushed crumbs made from herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. onion or garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- pinch nutmeg
Crush enough of the herb stuffing cubes to make 2 cups of crumbs. Mix with spinach and remaining ingredients in large bowl. Roll into 1" balls.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Makes about 50 appetizers.
To freeze ahead, make appetizers and freeze unbaked. Bake, frozen, in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 14-18 minutes until hot and crisp.