Did you know it's considered good luck to eat black eyed peas on New Year's Eve? Make this delicious Texas Caviar dip for your New Year's Party; or anytime.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. bottle zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 (15 oz). cans black eyed peas, drained
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
In large bowl, combine all ingredients except cilantro and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately or store, covered, up to 10 days in refrigerator. When ready to serve, mix in the chopped fresh cilantro and serve as a dip with tortilla chips or toasted baguette slices.