Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1-1/2 cups
- 3 (1 oz.) boxes cinnamon sticks
- 6 (1 oz.) whole nutmegs
- 1/3 cup chopped dried orange peel
- 1/3 cup chopped dried lemon peel
- 1/4 cup whole allspice berries
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 2 Tbsp. chopped crystallized ginger
To mull wine, stir 1/2 cup water and 1/3 cup sugar in 2-quart pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Add 3-1/4 cups wine and the spice bag. Reduce heat to low, cover and heat slowly until mixture is very hot but not boiling, about 20 minutes. Discard spice bag and serve.
To mull cider, add spice bag to 8 cups apple cider in a 3-quart saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes. Discard spice bag and serve.