Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 24-36 bars
- 1 19-ounce package fudge brownie mix
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16-ounce) tub of ready to spread chocolate fudge frosting
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal flakes (i.e. Special K, NOT Rice Krispies)
In large bowl, combine the brownie mix with oil, water, and eggs. Beat until blended, then beat for 30 strokes. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until brownies are just set and crust is shiny. Cool completely. Spread the chocolate frosting over the brownies and set aside.
In medium bowl, combine peanut butter with both kinds of chocolate chips. Microwave on 50% power for 2 minutes, then stir. Microwave on 50% power for another minute, then stir until chips melt and mixture is smooth.
Stir in the cereal, then spoon and spread this mixture carefully over the frosting on the brownies. Let stand for 4-5 hours to set, then cut into bars.