Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 36 brownies
- 1 (13" x 9") pan brownies, baked and cooled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 square ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
In large saucepan, combine butter, milk, unsweetened chocolate, and cream cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring until well blended. Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Sprinkle marshmallows over brownies and bake for 2-4 minutes until marshmallows are puffed. Remove bars from oven and sprinkle with walnuts, if using, then immediately pour frosting over puffed marshmallows. Lightly swirl with knife to marble. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.