Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 pounds
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 pound (two sticks) butter (no substitutes)
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
Meanwhile, place butter and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Remove sugar mixture from heat and pour over the butter and chocolate chips. Stir until well mixed, then stir in vanilla and nuts, if using.
Pour into buttered large cookie cutters that have been placed on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Let stand until set. Decorate fudge in the cookie cutters as desired, and wrap in cellophane to give as gifts.