Well, if this isn't cute! This Spidey Family can be made using lots of different sizes of chocolate cream filled cookies. It can be a bit difficult to get the chow mein noodles into the tiny cookies, so you could spread a bit of peanut butter around the outside of the cookie to give you something to insert the legs into. This is a great kid's activity for a rainy afternoon.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 30 spiders
- 12 double stuffed chocolate cream filled cookies
- 36 mini chocolate cream filled cookies
- 1/4 cup crisp chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon solid shortening
- 1/3 cup mini candy coated baking bits
Carefully insert the chow mein noodles into the cream center of the cookies to make legs. Combine both kinds of the chocolate chips and solid shortening in a glass measuring cup. Melt in the microwave oven on 50% power for 2-3 minutes; stir until smooth.
Place the 'spiders' on a wire rack and spoon the chocolate over them. Use a knife to spread the chocolate and separate the legs if necessary. Place two baking bits on the spiders to form eyes. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until firm.
Store tightly covered at room temperature.