Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours, 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, if desired
- 14 oz. can ready to serve chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 2" pieces
- 9 oz. pkg. frozen baby peas
- 1-1/2 cups Homemade Bisqwick Mix
- 1 Tbsp. snipped chives
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center. Add peas and cover again. Cook on high for 20 minutes until peas are hot.
In small bowl, combine baking mix with chives, milk, and melted butter and mix just until combined. Do not over mix.
If you don't have any baking mix, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon snipped chives in a small bowl. Melt 6 tablespoons butter and mix with 1/2 cup milk; add to flour mixture and stir just until combined.
Drop dumplings by tablespoons onto hot, bubbling chicken mixture in crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 20-25 minutes until dumplings are cooked through, fluffy, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.