Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup creamy blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
Add onion and garlic to pot; cook and stir until tender, about 6-7 minutes. Return chicken to pan along with red bell peppers, celery, and hot sauce.
Stir in broth and evaporated milk; bring to a simmer. Simmer for 7-9 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Stir in salad dressing, blue cheese, and Swiss cheese, cooking until cheeses melt and chowder is thickened.