Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. bulk breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4-oz. can chopped green chilies (or jalapeno peppers), drained
- 2-1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- 18 eggs
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Grease inside of 5-quart crockpot with butter. Starting with sausage, layer meat, onions, peppers, chilies, and cheese, repeating the layering process until all ingredients are used.
In large mixer bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk or eggbeater until combined, then pour over mixture in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours. Serve with sour cream or fresh salsa.
If you have a newer, hotter cooking crockpot, check at 5-1/2 hours. The eggs should reach 165 degrees F.