Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours, 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 8-10
- 5 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (14-ounce) cans ready to serve chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (13-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 Tbsp. dried snipped chives
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
When potatoes are tender, coarsely mash with large spoon or potato masher.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine evaporated milk and 2 Tbsp. flour and mix well. Add to crockpot, stir well, and cook on high for 20-30 minutes to thicken.
Place sour cream in small bowl and mix with 1 Tbsp. flour; add some of the hot soup liquid; stir well with wire whisk to blend. Gently stir into crockpot along with remaining ingredients and cook on high for 20 minutes longer.