Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 36 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
- 1/2 lb. crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pint half and half cream
- 12 oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped, if desired
In large saucepan, combine powdered sugar, half and half, chocolate chips and butter. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 8-12 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and add vanilla; stir to blend. Let sauce cool completely, stirring occasionally with wire whisk.
If desired, sprinkle peanuts over ice cream. Pour chocolate sauce over peanuts and return pan to freezer. Cover and freeze for 4-6 hours until firm. Cut into squares to serve.