You can make this delicious Red White and Blue Trifle recipe anytime, just vary the types of fruits you use. My favorites include bing cherries, strawberries, and blueberries. I omit the banana because I don't like the texture. The pudding is white!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 12
- 1-1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 4 serving size pkg. cheesecake flavor instant pudding mix
- 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 frozen loaf pound cake, thawed
- 2 cups pitted cherries or sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced bananas
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
In medium bowl, combine milk and pudding mix and beat with egg beater for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Fold in the thawed whipped topping. Cut the thawed pound cake into 1/2" cubes. In large glass bowl, layer 1/2 of the cake cubes, 1/2 of the fruit, and 1/2 of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.