Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
- 3-1/2 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1-1/2 cups frozen pitted cherries, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 2 tsp. oil
In microwave-safe glass measuring cup, combine semisweet chocolate chips with oil. Melt on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring after every minute, until melted and smooth. Remove from microwave and stir in 1/2 cup chopped milk chocolate, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth again. Cool to lukewarm.
Place frozen ice cream balls on a wire rack. Spoon melted chocolate over each ball, coating the top and sides. Place the coated balls on waxed paper and freeze again until firm, at least 2 hours. After 2 hours, place each Tartufo in a paper muffin cup and cover tightly. They can be kept in the freezer up to 2 weeks. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.