Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 8-10
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 36 oz. jar chunky pasta sauce
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 8 oz. container cottage cheese
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 lb. pkg. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook noodles according to package directions and drain well. In medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and egg and mix well. Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
In 9x13" baking pan, put 1 cup of the ground beef sauce. Layer 3 cooked and drained noodles over, then more ground beef mixture. Top with spoonfuls of the cottage cheese mixture. Repeat layers, ending with ground beef sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 45-55 minutes until casserole is bubbly and cheese is melted and begins to brown.