Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing hot sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 pounds ground chicken, white and dark meat
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add celery; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
In large bowl, combine eggs, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup hot sauce, salad dressing, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and blue cheese; mix well. Add vegetables and mix well. Add ground chicken and mix gently but thoroughly with your hands until combined.
Form into a large meatloaf on the prepared broiler pan. In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons hot sauce, ketchup, and honey; blend well and brush over meatloaf. Bake for 65 to 75 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes. Then slice to serve.