Make your own Herbs de Provence spice mix to save time and money. Summer savory is a specific herb similar to sage. Summer savory, an annual plant, is lighter and a bit sweeter than winter savory, which is a perennial plant.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 5 tablespoons
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 1 Tbsp. dried summer savory leaves
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. dried orange zest, powdered
- 1 powdered or ground bay leaf
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 2 tsp. dried lavender
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small tightly closed jar. Store in a dark, cool place.