Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 6 sandwiches
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. chicken broth
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup baby frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 10" round focaccia bread, split in half
In small bowl combine mayonnaise, pesto, chopped tomato, and peas; blend well and refrigerate.
When chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove from crockpot and shred, using two forks. Return chicken to crockpot and mix well.
Make sandwiches with tomato pesto spread, focaccia bread, and chicken filling. Slice the large sandwich into 6-8 wedges, and grill on a panini grill or dual contact grill until the bread is toasted. Serve immediately. Or you can just make sandwiches, as I did, with the filling, the pesto mixture, and avocados.