You could substitute just about anything for the frozen mixed vegetables. Try sliced carrots, some chopped onions, perhaps a chopped potato or two. You can make your own Easy Meatballs
instead of purchasing frozen precooked ones if you'd like.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 16 oz. bag frozen fully cooked meatballs OR one batch Easy Meatballs
- 2 (14 oz.) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with herbs, undrained
- 16 oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
Combine frozen meatballs, broth, water, and tomatoes in a 3-4 quart crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meatballs are tender when pierced with a fork. Stir in the frozen vegetables, thyme, and pepper and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.