Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 4-6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups arborio or long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 to 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
Add rice and toast, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes. While rice is toasting, place broth in small saucepan and heat over low heat.
Add wine to rice mixture in pan; cook, stirring constantly, until rice absorbs wine. Then start adding the broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, until the rice is al dente. This should take 20-25 minutes. Add more broth, or water (that works just fine) if you like a soupier risotto.
Add parsley, salt, pepper, cream, cheese, and butter and stir. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes, then serve.