For this party, choose three or four of the appetizers; that's really all you need for a gathering of twelve to fourteen. Also put out small bowls of nuts, like Marcona almonds and whole cashews, different types of olives, and a few cheeses. Along with champagne and some cookies or candies, this makes a wonderful and easy party.
Tips for the Best Appetizer Party
- Choose a combination of make-ahead recipes and last minute recipes to make things easier on yourself.
- Make sure to choose a good combination of recipes that balance texture, temperature, color, and taste.
- Accept help if it's offered! If someone wants to bring something, tell him you're having appetizers and invite him to bring his own specialty.
- Your crockpot is an invaluable assistant for any party; make a crockpot recipe or two. They also keep dips and hot beverages hot during the party.
- Choose at least one 'healthy' recipe that is lower calorie or low fat to keep health-conscious guests happy.
- And always ask, when you're inviting your guests, if there are any allergies or special food needs to consider.
- Figure on three or four servings of each appetizer per person. Make more than you think you'll need because leftovers are always fun to eat later.
Now relax and have fun at your party!
New Year's Eve Appetizer Party Menu
- Parmesan Puff Pastry Straws
- Hot Artichoke Dip
- Cheese Crackers
- Roasted Corn and Lobster Dip
- Slow Cooker Saucy Meatballs
- Appley Kielbasa
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Marinated Mushrooms
- Melon Salad
- Melon and Avocado Cocktail
- Turkey and Cranberry Pastry Puffs
- Lemon Crumble Bars
- Chocolate Fruit Bars
- Curried Chex Snack Mix
- Swedish Nuts
- Raspberry Slush
- Banana Slush Punch