And there are always ways to use pesto.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen precooked meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package whole wheat spaghetti or fettuccine pasta
- 1 (9 to12 ounce container) basil pesto
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Place meatballs on a cookie sheet and bake as the package directs.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes. Add the bell pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
Add the pasta to the boiling water. Remove the meatballs from the oven when they're fully heated.
Add the meatballs, pesto, and cream to the skillet with the vegetables and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
When the pasta is al dente, drain and add to the skillet; toss with tongs until coated. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.