Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (9-ounce) package prepared basil pesto
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Add the tortellini to the boiling water and cook according to package directions; mine says to cook for about 3 minutes, until the tortellini float to the surface.
Drain the tortellini, reserving 3 tablespoons cooking water, and add to the pesto mixture; place on medium heat. Add reserved cooking water and cook and stir until a sauce forms and tortellini is coated, about 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat, add avocado and toss. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve immediately.