Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained, reserving juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 center-cut boneless pork chops
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 peach, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Meanwhile, combine drained pineapple, green onions, cilantro, sugar, lemon juice, peach, tomatoes, jalapeno, and salt and pepper in small bowl and mix gently. Cover and refrigerate.
Prepare and preheat two sided grill. Remove pork chops from marinade, drain and pat dry with paper towels. Grill on covered grill for 6-8 minutes until thoroughly cooked, brushing occasionally with marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
Serve with pineapple mixture. You can grill this on a regular grill, covered, 12-16 minutes, turning once, until done. And you can boil any remaining marinade for 2 minutes and drizzle it over the pork before topping with the salsa.