This simple recipe pairs cherries and sweet and sour sauce with pork tenderloin and bell peppers for an elegant and easy main dish recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, thinly sliced across grain
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups pitted dark cherries or frozen sweet cherries
- 3/4 cup bottled sweet and sour sauce
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add pork slices. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes until pork is no longer pink. Add bell pepper and let simmer 4-5 minutes longer until peppers are crisp tender. Stir in cherries and sweet and sour sauce; cook and stir until mixture is thoroughly heated, about 3-5 minutes. Serve over hot rice, if desired.