Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 9" pie crust
- 12 link pork or turkey sausages
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 1 cup shredded baby Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Cook sausages in heavy skillet over medium heat, turning frequently, until browned. Remove sausages from skillet and drain on paper towel. Add onion to drippings remaining in skillet and cook and stir until tender. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
Cut sausages into 1/2" pieces. Place in prebaked pie crust along with onions.
In medium bowl, combine cream, eggs, pepper, and marjoram and beat well with wire whisk until smooth. Stir in Swiss cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese. Pour over sausages in pie shell. Sprinkle top with 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until top is puffed, set, and golden brown around edges. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.