This delicious crockpot side dish recipe for Wild Rice Pilaf is perfect served alongside grilled steak or chicken.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 (14-ounce) cans ready to serve chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (4-ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
Spray 3 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Rinse rice and drain well. Combine in crockpot together with onion, salt, pepper, chicken broth, water, mushrooms, and thyme and mix well. Cover crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.