This savory turkey casserole crockpot recipe uses only five ingredients. I, of course, would add some garlic.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 9 hours
Total Time: 9 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1-1/2 cups dried great northern beans
- 1 lb. turkey breast tenderloin
- 2 onions, chopped
- 14 oz. can ready to serve chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
Place beans in a medium bowl and cover with water. Cover and let stand overnight to soak. Drain beans and discard soaking water. Place beans in 3-4 quart crockpot. Cut turkey into 1" pieces and place in crockpot along with onions, chicken broth and water. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Then stir in tomatoes and pepper. Cover again and cook on low for 30 minutes until hot.